Become a Manager –
CBOM® / CBQM® / CBTM® / CBPM®
(Upgrade from CBTS®)
You can upgrade to the manager level BCI qualification the CBOM®/CBQM®/CBTM®/CBPM® - minimum 24 months after attaining your CBTS® Certification. The following trends internationally may just help you take a better decision:
- After their first recertification, a majority of CBTS® certificants in Asia choose to upgrade to CBOM®/CBQM®/CBTM®/CBPM® rather than recertify for the second time, because the CBOM®/CBQM®/CBTM®/CBPM® begins suiting such professionals more third year onwards of their career as they move toward team lead or supervisory roles.
Upgrading to CBOM®/CBQM®/CBTM®/CBPM® is easy. Again, there will be frequent reminder emails from BCI and from other BCI partners associated with you and you simply have to click the links mentioned in these communications, or log into your BCI account and register for your upgrade to CBOM®/CBQM®/CBTM®/CBPM®. Please click on the links below to know more.
When to apply for an Upgrade from CBTS®
The best time to apply for an upgrade to CBOM®/CBQM®/CBTM®/CBPM® is exactly 24 months after attaining your CBTS® credential.
How to Upgrade from CBTS®
Upgrading from CBTS® is a simple 3-step process:
- Register for CBOM® / CBQM® / CBTM® / CBPM® through the Upgrade Link
You can enroll for your upgrade directly with BCI on one of the BCI portals or take the assistance of any of the authorized BCI training providers nearest to you. Once you register and pay the required fee, you will receive the CBOM®/CBQM®/CBTM®/CBPM® upgrade Voucher and all other relevant information about your training and assessments etc., through email including the details of your upgrade application. You will qualify for the CBOM®/CBQM®/CBTM®/CBPM® upgrade after completing the upgrade formalities as mentioned in Step 2 below. Indeed, do remember to enroll early if you want to enjoy the fee benefit!
- Complete Upgrade Requirements
Once you have applied for an upgrade from CBTS® to CBOM®/CBQM®/CBTM®/CBPM®, you are required to complete the following BCI-prescribed formalities after logging into your account:
- Submission of your latest Curriculum Vitae in the format available on the CBOM®/CBQM®/CBTM®/CBPM® application section of the BCI portal.
- Submission of the Online Managerial Experience Report documenting key aspects of your learnings and achievements in supervisory and team-based performance roles, since attaining the CBTS® certification, and this has to be done in the stated format.
- You may have to request your direct senior or the reporting officer (Referee) to submit a Confidential Work-Performance Feedback Report for you in the prescribed format. This is done online by your referee by logging in directly into the BCI assessment portal.
- Take the CBOM®/CBQM®/CBTM®/CBPM® Upgrade examination. This examination contains fewer sections as against the standard CBOM®/CBQM®/CBTM®/CBPM® Certification examination, which non-CBTS® applicants are required to take. You can schedule your examination by choosing online a particular date and time combination from the BCI Examination Schedule available in the examination section.
- Get the Certification Decision
If you qualify all prescribed BCI norms on Knowledge and Competence Prerequisites and complete all required submissions, you become eligible for the award of the CBOM®/CBQM®/CBTM®/CBPM® credential and you can expect your CBOM®/CBQM®/CBTM®/CBPM® Credential Pack to reaches you between 30-45 days from the date of award.
Click here to apply for an Upgrade from CBTS ®!