Become a Quality Leader – CBQL®
(Upgrade from CBQM®)
You can upgrade to the Leader level BCI qualification - the CBQL® - minimum 24 months after attaining your CBQM® Certification. The following trends internationally may just help you take a better decision:
- After their first recertification, a majority of CBQM® certificants in Asia choose to upgrade to CBQL® rather than recertify for the second time, because the CBQL® begins suiting such professionals more third year onwards of their career as they move toward more senior roles in Quality Management.
- Many CBQM® certificants choose to do both: recertify their CBQM® to keep their qualification alive; and also upgrade to CBQL® to prepare for a possible Quality Leader role sooner than later. In case you desire to do both, do watch out for interesting offers by BCI partners reaching you through emails.
Upgrading to CBQL® is easy. Again, there will be frequent reminder emails from BCI and from other BCI partners near you. You simply have to click the links mentioned in these communications, or log into your BCI account and register for your upgrade to CBQL®. Please click on the links below to know more.
When to apply for an Upgrade to CBQL® from CBQM®
The best time to apply for an upgrade to CBQL® is exactly 3 years after attaining your CBQM® credential.
How to Upgrade to CBQL® from CBQM®
Upgrading from CBQM® is a simple 3-step process:
- Register for CBQL® through the Upgrade Link
You can enroll for your upgrade directly with BCI on one of the BCI portals or take the assistance of any of the authorized BCI Training providers nearest to you. Once you register and pay the required fee, you will receive the CBQL® upgrade Voucher and all other relevant information about your upgrade program through email, including the details of your upgrade application. You will qualify for the CBQL® upgrade after completing the upgrade registration process as mentioned in Step 2 below. Indeed, do remember to enroll early if you want to enjoy the fee benefit!
- Complete Upgrade Requirements
Once you have applied for an upgrade from CBQM® to CBQL®, you are required to complete the following BCI-prescribed formalities after logging into your account:
- Submission of your latest Curriculum Vitae in the format available on the CBQL® application section of the BCI portal.
- Submission of the Quality Leadership Experience Report documenting key aspects of your learnings and achievements in quality management excellence and team-based performance roles, since attaining the CBQM® certification, and this has to be done in the stated format.
- Online submission of required leadership essays, assignments and experience reports.
- Request your direct senior or the reporting officer (Referee) to submit a Confidential Work-Performance Report for you in the prescribed format. This is done online by your referee by logging in directly into the BCI assessment portal.
- Get the Certification Decision
If you qualify all prescribed BCI norms on Knowledge and Competence Prerequisites and have completed all required submissions, you become eligible for being considered for the award of the CBQM® credential. You can expect your CBQM® Credential Pack to reach you within 30-45 days from the date of declaration of the award decision.
Click here to apply for an Upgrade from CBQM®!