Become a Certified Customer Interaction Specialist (CCIS®)
(Upgrade from CCIP®)
You can apply for an upgrade to the specialist level BCI qualification the CCIS® - Certified Customer Interaction Specialist – twelve months after attaining your CCIP® certification. While the CCIP® credential is actually relevant most in the first year of a career-starter, the CCIS® credential suits professionals more second year onward of their careers. Upgrading to CCIS® is easy. There will be frequent reminder emails from BCI and from other BCI partners associated with you and you simply have to click the links mentioned in these communications, or log into your BCI account and register for your upgrade to CCIS®.
When to apply for an Upgrade from CCIP®
The best time to apply for an upgrade to CCIS® is exactly twelve months after attaining your CCIP® credential. However, do pay attention to various upgrade offers and schemes frequently emailed to you by BCI and its partners. You may actually save a lot on upgrade voucher costs.
How to Recertify for CCIP®
Upgrading from CCIP® is a simple 3-step process:
- Register for CCIS® through the upgrade link
You can enroll/register for your upgrade directly with BCI on any of the BCI portals, or take the assistance of the training provider with whom you prepared for your CCIP® certification, or you can connect up with any of the authorized BCI training providers nearest to you. Once you register and pay the required fee or buy the upgrade voucher, you will receive the CCIS® upgrade process email carrying the details of your upgrade application. You may directly qualify for the CCIS® upgrade after completing the upgrade formalities as mentioned in Step 2 below. Indeed, do remember to enroll early if you want to enjoy the fee benefit!
- Complete Upgrade requirements
Once you have applied for an upgrade to CCIS®, you are required to complete the following BCI-prescribed formalities after logging into your account:
- Submission of your latest Curriculum Vitae in the format available on the CCIS® application section of the BCI portal.
- Submit your Customer Interaction Experience Career Report in the required format mailed to you after your CCIS® upgrade registration, or available online on a link sent to you.
- Please do note that you will not be required to take the CCIS® upgrade examination if you apply for the upgrade within the validity period of your CCIP® credential. In that case, you will just be required to make documentary submissions including a Customer Interaction Experience Career Report in a prescribed format.
- You will be required to compulsorily take the CCIS® Upgrade examination if you are applying for the upgrade after the expiry of your CCIP® certification. This examination contains only two sections as against the four sections of the standard CCIS® certification examination, which non-CCIP® applicants are required to take. You can schedule your examination by choosing online a particular date and time combination from the BCI examination schedule mailed to you after the CCIS® upgrade registration.
- Get the Certification Decision
If you qualify all prescribed BCI norms on knowledge and competence prerequisites and all documentation requirements are complete, you become eligible for the award of the CCIS® credential. You will receive your CCIS® credential pack ideally within 30-45 days of the declaration of your award-decision.
Click here to apply for an Upgrade to CCIS®!